I really wanted to make this out of taffeta, but I had SO MUCH satin left over from Halloween that it would have been kind of wasteful to go buy all new fabric. I drafted the pattern by hand, with cap sleeves and a peplum skirt. I made it more comfortable by giving it an elastic waste. I also gave it my signature "cut out back" that seems to show up in a lot of my projects. Then I spent about two hours making rosettes from fabric scraps and sewing them onto the bodice. I added a little bit of chiffon here and there too, just for fun. I really like how it turned out. I think that its wearable enough for me to maybe debut it in public. :)
I really hope I win!
You can view my submission here.