First off, there's a few design flaws. The collar is much too wide! After putting on the almost finished dress, I realized that I was drowning in the collar and it overshadowed how cute of a dress it is. So, I'm cutting the collar width down considerable. I noticed on some of the finished products other people have made, as well as the one on the Vogue site, the collar looks almost comical because of the width. Also, the skirt pattern is ridiculously long. The image shows a mid-calf length, but the pattern, once I pinned it to the dress form, actually reached to the floor. Granted, I'm not too terribly tall (I'm only 5'5"), but it seemed oddly too long. So, I had to cut off a good six inches from that as well. Also, I changed the number of buttons from six to four. The two extra didn't seem all that necessary.
This is what I have so far.
I made it from vintage shantung and vintage buttons. I quite like it, but it definitely has a lot of work left to do. I also have to pick up some belt making supplies tonight as well.