Today is major Bummer City. I had a couple photo shoots scheduled on South Street today and both were no shows. Yes, I love standing around with all my camera gear looking like a crazy person. Luckily it gave me a chance to work on capturing some local street style. Also, walking up to people you don't know and asking to take their picture feels pretty ballsy. But I'm getting better at it. 99% of the time they say yes and are really nice. The other 1% just yell at you or walk away real fast.
Here's some lovely Philly locals looking awesome:
These handsome lads were standing outside of Infinite Body Piercing (a favorite place of mine). I really dug their cool t-shirts and sneakers and the fact that they let me bother them on their smoke break. I'm pretty sure the guy on the left pierced my nose once. Anyways, thanks for the photo guys!
This is Hannah. I saw her on the other side of the street and ran over to ask to take her picture. I love her carefree DIY rocker style...and her hair is amazzzing! She was so sweet and really rocked her personal style.
This guy was hilarious. I didn't quite get his name... But he seemed really excited about letting me take his picture, and even posed for me (and shook my hand afterwards, haha!) I really liked his DIY punk style...look at those jeans, they're awesome! Also, I totally am digging the Japanese hardcore/punk shirt. Way to go, dude!
What do you think about these stylish locals?